Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bacon and Ice Cream

It's the Saturday morning of my 3 day Labor Day Weekend and I'm in the mood to cook! So far today I've made bacon and ice cream...(but not together!)

I've been cooking bacon in the oven for a while now and I love it.  Line a baking pan with foil, lay the bacon on, start in a cold oven, cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  But today, I made a mouth-watering discovery.  When the bacon finishes, pour off the bacon grease, and lay some bread in the yummy goodness still on the foil and bake in a 425 degree oven until toasty.  Spread with homemade peach butter and eat fast, before your son wants your piece! (I'll post the recipe for homemade peach butter soon.)

Now, for the ice cream.  The fastest, easiest, yummiest homemade ice cream.  Mix together 1 quart of half and half, one can of Eagle Brand milk, and 2T of good vanilla.  Pour into ice cream freezer and let it do it's thing.  Place it in the freezer and cover.  We keep this in the freezer all the time...(except when Evan needs a midnight snack!!)

Happy Labor Day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment